Volunteer Fire Department Grant
*PLEASE REVIEW THE APPLICATION DEADLINES BELOW. OUR GRANT CYCLES HAVE CHANGED.
Thanks for your interest in the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation’s Volunteer Fire Department Grant Cycle. If this is your first time to apply, or you’re just exploring—welcome! We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.
If you are a returning applicant, you will notice some changes in the application process. We are pleased to introduce our online grant portal. We hope you will find this new tool convenient and easy to use. Please review the information below to set up your account and get started.
Be sure to confirm your eligibility before accessing the WFACF Grant Management Portal below.
Texas Counties: Archer, Baylor, Childress, Clay, Cottle, Foard, Haskell, Hardeman, Jack, King, Knox, Montague, Stonewall, Throckmorton, Young, Wilbarger, Wise, Wichita.
Oklahoma Counties: Comanche, Cotton, Jackson, Jefferson, Stephens, Tillman.
- Grant applications must be submitted through the WFACF Grant Portal (see below). Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- The deadline to submit grant applications is as follows:
- Spring Cycle – Opens Feb 1st – Deadline is Mar 31st
- Fall Cycle – Opens Aug 1st – Deadline is Sep 30th. (If you applied for a grant in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2022 you may apply in this cycle.)
- Awards are typically presented in the last month of the following quarter.
- All applicants will need to create an account in the grant portal when applying for a grant the first time. Do not create a new login if your organization has processed an application through the portal previously. If you are not sure, please contact our office so that we may help you.
- Once your account is set up, your “dashboard” is displayed every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can edit your contact information, begin the application process, access application drafts and submitted applications, and submit required post-grant evaluation reports and/or receipts.
- The WFACF VFD Grant Cycle does not require a letter of intent. Applicants should submit a full application by the cycle deadline.
- Awards will be made via ACH Direct Deposit. If you are not set up for ACH deposit, please contact our office to begin the process once you have submitted your application.
- There is a one year waiting period after a volunteer fire department grant is awarded before another grant request will be considered.
- Please review the application tutorial below if you have any further questions regarding the grant application process.
Helpful tip: For the best user experience when accessing the Online Grant Manager, we suggest using the most current browser version, preferably Chrome. Do not use Internet Explorer.