Volunteer Fire Department Grant
Thanks for your interest in the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation’s Volunteer Fire Department Grant Cycle. If this is your first time to apply, or you’re just exploring—welcome! We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.
If you are a returning applicant, you will notice some changes in the application process. We are pleased to introduce our online grant portal. We hope you will find this new tool convenient and easy to use. Please review the information below to set up your account and get started.
Be sure to confirm your eligibility before accessing the WFACF Grant Management Portal below.
Texas Counties: Archer, Baylor, Childress, Clay, Cottle, Foard, Haskell, Hardeman, Jack, King, Knox, Montague, Stonewall, Throckmorton, Young, Wilbarger, Wise, Wichita.
Oklahoma Counties: Comanche, Cotton, Jackson, Jefferson, Stephens, Tillman.
- Grant applications must be submitted through the WFACF Grant Portal (see below). Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- Deadline to submit grant applications is as follows: March 31st, June 31st, September 30th, December 31st. Awards are usually presented in the last month of the following quarter.
- All applicants will need to create an account in the grant portal when applying for a grant the first time, regardless if you have received a grant from us in the past.
- Once your account is set up, your “dashboard” is displayed every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can edit your contact information, begin the application process, access application drafts and submitted applications, and submit required post-grant evaluation reports and/or receipts.
- The WFACF VFD Grant Cycle does not require a letter of intent. Applicants should submit a full application by the deadline, end of each quarter.
- Awards will be made via ACH Direct Deposit. If you are not set up for ACH deposit, please contact our office to begin the process once you have submitted your application.
- There is a one year waiting period after a volunteer fire department grant is awarded before another grant request will be considered.
- Please review the application tutorial below if you have any further questions regarding the grant application process.
Helpful tip: For the best user experience when accessing the Online Grant Manager, we suggest using the most current browser version, preferably Chrome. Do not use Internet Explorer.